If you’re planning a trip with Greyhound, it’s essential to know the baggage allowance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey. Greyhound, one of the leading bus transportation companies in North America, has specific guidelines on the number of bags and their size that passengers are allowed to bring on board.
In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with detailed information about Greyhound’s baggage policy, including the number of bags allowed, size restrictions, and additional options for carrying extra items.
General Baggage Allowance:
Greyhound’s general baggage policy allows passengers to bring two pieces of luggage onboard the bus, including one carry-on bag and one checked bag. However, there are specific size and weight restrictions that must be adhered to for both types of luggage.
- Size Limitations: Greyhound’s carry-on bag must not exceed the dimensions of 14 inches (35.5 cm) in height, 18 inches (45.7 cm) in width, and 10 inches (25.4 cm) in depth.
- Weight Limit: The weight of the carry-on bag should not exceed 25 pounds (11.3 kg).
- Size Limitations: The checked bag must not exceed the dimensions of 30 inches (76.2 cm) in height, 47 inches (119.4 cm) in width, and 14 inches (35.5 cm) in depth.
- Weight Limit: The weight of the checked bag should not exceed 50 pounds (22.7 kg).
Additional Baggage and Overweight/Oversized Items:
If you plan to bring additional bags or items that exceed the size and weight limitations mentioned above, Greyhound offers an option to transport them as “Excess Baggage.” However, excess baggage is subject to additional fees, and availability may vary based on the bus’s capacity and other factors.
Fees for Excess Baggage:
The fees for excess baggage vary depending on the weight and size of the item. It is advisable to contact Greyhound’s customer service or check their official website for the most up-to-date information on excess baggage fees.
Passengers may also bring sporting equipment, such as bicycles, skis, and golf clubs, on Greyhound buses, subject to certain restrictions. These items are considered part of the checked baggage allowance, and additional fees may apply if they exceed the size and weight limitations.
Greyhound has a list of prohibited items that are not allowed on board their buses for safety and security reasons. These items include hazardous materials, firearms, flammable liquids, and other dangerous substances. It is crucial to familiarize yourself with this list before packing your bags.
Package Express and Shipping Service:
For passengers who need to transport larger items or packages, Greyhound offers a convenient Package Express and Shipping Service. This service allows you to send packages separately from your travel and is ideal for shipping larger or heavier items.
Understanding Greyhound’s baggage policy is essential for a stress-free and enjoyable journey. Remember to adhere to the size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked bags to ensure a smooth boarding process. If you plan to bring additional items, consider the option of “Excess Baggage” and be aware of the associated fees.
With Greyhound’s comprehensive baggage policy, you can travel comfortably, knowing your belongings are well within the allowable limits. So, pack your bags, hop on board, and let Greyhound take you to your next exciting destination!
Some Relevant Information:
- Greyhound bus tracker not working
- How reliable is Greyhound bus travel?
- How to use Greyhound bus tracker?
- Is Greyhound Bus Tracker Accurate?
- DOES GREYHOUND BUS HAVE WIFI?
- HOW MANY SEATS ON A GREYHOUND BUS?
- DOES THE GREYHOUND BUS HAVE A BATHROOM?
- DO GREYHOUND BUSES MAKE STOPS?
- DO GREYHOUND BUSES STOP FOR FOOD?
- HOW TO CANCEL A GREYHOUND BUS TICKET?
- GREYHOUND CARRY-ON AND PURSE ESSENTIALS
- HOW TO PAY FOR EXTRA BAGGAGE GREYHOUND?